We ‘cut our teeth’ on material removal.
Material removal via chemical reaction is Metal Etching. How else can you remove precisely 0.0002” of material over the equivalent surface area of a football field on a part with complex geometry? This process is utilized for surface material removal and/or surface prep for a plethora of aerospace and rocket parts. Being a manufacturer of automated processing metal etch equipment maximizes our metallurgical and chemical understanding of materials that make up things that move in the world.
Our automated systems use a range of overhead conveyance methods and precision carriers to move multiple parts with complex geometries and varying weights carefully and smoothly through the stages of your specific process requirements. Our equipment has real-time control to meet exact etching requirements. Etch rates can be predicted and learned on the control to increase throughput and allow for higher throughput without guessing and checking to verify surface material removal. We excel in working with all stakeholders in the process including chemical suppliers, wastewater treatment suppliers, factory secondary/tertiary containment, backup power integration, and air quality requirements to keep your employees and our world environmentally safe.
Our automated Metal Etch and Chemical Processing Systems are run on our comprehensive Control Systems platform. Each automated line is controlled and monitored using a historian database that can be configured to exacting specifications. The intuitive user interface (UI) stores recipes that can be selected and applied to individual baskets. Random loading high throughput lines are our standard and our specialty. Coho Control, the breakthrough software Industry 4.0 component of our control system platform, provides real-time data enabling real time database queries, rapid trouble shooting, in depth analytics, and compliance reporting.
Features & Benefits
- High throughput random loading
- Web-based UI for maximum process visibility and safety
- State-based recovery from industrial grade on-site server
- Designed specially to integrate with Allen Bradley PLC’s
- On-the-fly tank configurations
- Real-time Automated Tank Filling with adjustable chemical concentrations
- Infinite process recipe flexibility with the ability to move multi-directionally through processing
- Dynamic Tank Control - Individual tanks can be ‘Blocked’ (from processing parts) or ‘Disabled’ (taken out of service) during processing