Increase Productivity & Lower Penetrant Usage with REL’s FPI Equipment
REL designs and builds turn-key interactive controlled FPI (Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection) systems with safe and ergonomic operator interaction locations. In-site process verification is especially valuable for intricate part geometries. REL has incorporated their GEN5 control scheme that is now standard on our FPI processing equipment to make process control and operator and other plant personnel interaction seamless. This control has the non-destructive testing spec, ASTM 1417 as the program spine with the following enhancements.
Top 11 Advantages to Our FPI System
- Electrostatic Penetrant application for reduction of process chemicals. (>80% Reduction in Penetrant)
- Integration into distributive plant control (DCS) software.
- Op-to-Select recipe selection. (Scan-to-Select **optional**)
- Coded Veri-Smart Passive Sensor Check. (Veri-Smart Continuous Health Monitoring Sensor Check **optional**)
- Fail safe start-up procedures
- Real time Error reporting and logging
- On board separate safety device network
- On board color coded diagnostics
- On board preventive maintenance schedules with logging,
- On board parts list, with manufacturer part and model numbers
- On board hand tool requirements and settings for maintaining switches and motors (Device-Pics library **optional**)
REL also provides solutions in the form of turnkey automated modules with manual conveyance to maximize space efficiency. This module integration into a current process can decrease system lengths and maintain the same throughput. All iFPI cells that operate as stand alone units still can have the new GEN5 control and can be incorporated into fully automated solutions with minor modifications. The chemical savings that are realized in the fully automated FPI system can be realized on the automated module configuration also.REL utilizes COTS (common off the shelf) components to minimize procurement time and MTTR (mean time to repair). REL selects COTS components to maximize MTBF (Mean time between failures). REL works closely with the NDT and other stake holder personnel within the company to insure the customer’s key features and process interactive needs are incorporated into the equipment, control and recipe design.
Click here for more information about REL’s FPI Equipment.