PRECISE AND REPEATABLE SHOT SPEEDS FOR ALL IMPACT-TYPE TESTING
The REL series of accelerators comprises of several different barrel diameters, lengths, and pressure ratings for various test scenarios including SHPB and direct impact. Accelerators can be confirmed with manual controls or with remote push-button change, vent, and fire operation.
REL bar accelerators can be operated in both tension and compression with minimal changeover time and can repeatedly launch SHPB strikers or impact projectiles to within 1% accuracy.
- Standard barrel options for 1″, 2″, and 3″ strikers (1.5″, 2.25″, 3.25″ respective bore diameter)
- Sleeved barrel options for special bore diameters down to 0.125″
- Operates on compressed air, nitrogen, or helium up to 300 psi (high pressure versions also available)
- Swappable barrel extensions for high velocity or long length strikers
- Auto-fire option adds servo operated control valves for all functions
- Auto-fire control box can be located up to 500′ from launcher with tethered remote cable