Material Tension Response is the Backbone of Structural Design
Determine material tension failure properties to develop the critical high strain rate failure criteria for structural and composite design applications. Our tension testing system addresses the unique complexities of characterizing materials in tension at high strain rates. Carefully machined collets, hardened grips and precision ground bars ensure impedance matching and maximum loading rates while gun drilled, concentric striker tubes provide uniform load profiles in a compact package. The entire system is configured to simplify data acquisition, including capabilities for Digital Image Correlation equipment and processing steps to acquire strain data.
- Impedance matched collets and grips calibrated for each bar material and size
- Concentric tube strikers provide direct tension and balanced load profiles
- Flat or threaded sample options
- Common launchers for compression and tension systems
- Elastic, transparent polymer film sample during test with 2D strain overlay
- Ductile metallic sample during test with 2D strain overlay
Visible Spectrum LED Lighting
Our Visible Spectrum lights are purpose-built for high-intensity, cost-effective, extreme frame rate scientific research cameras.
Essential Building Blocks
Upgrade your REL High Strain Rate Testing system with our Elements family of modular, quickly configurable, high-tech, and precision machined accessories.