Dynamic Testing starts with REL's Bar Accelerator
REL, Inc. continues to develop new testing modules for more consistent dynamic test results. REL's automated bar accelerator offers shot-to-shot consistency with an integrated SURE-Speed sensor. These accelerators can precisely accelerate striker bars for Split Hopkinson Pressure Bar (SHPB) tension, compression, and impact testing. REL sizes the bar accelerators to handle striker bars from 1/8” diameter to 3" diameter.
- Standard barrel options for nominal 1", 2", and 3" strikers (1.5", 2.25", 3.25" respective bore diameter)
- Sleeved barrel options for special bore diameters down to 0.125"
- Operates on compressed air, nitrogen, or helium up to 300 psi (high pressure versions up to 1500 psi also available)
- Swappable barrel extensions for high velocity or long length strikers
- Auto-fire option adds servo operated control valves for all functions
- Auto-fire control box can be located up to 500' from launcher with tethered remote cable
For more information on High Strain Rate Testing Bar Accelerators and other HSRT Elements, call us at 906-337-3018.